[mythtv-users] Datadirect down

Kevin Slater kevin.slater at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 14:05:24 UTC 2007

On 7/9/07, Greg Grotsky <spikeygg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well,
>
>   My Zap2It service has been dropped completely. :(
>
>   I noticed that I only have 10 days of programming info left, so I logged
> into zap2it and found a bold red message there stating that my lineups were
> automatically deleted!  Not believing it, I logged out killed the browser
> and logged back in to find it in a new message telling me that my account
> has no lineups and directing me to create one (as if I just created the
> account).  So I tried to recreate my local lineup and when it gave me the TV
> source selection web page, "local broadcast" was grayed out.

I got the 'your subscription is about to expire' email and just went in to
extend it. Saw the same thing as Greg. Almost. I had 3 lineups: 1 for
DirecTV which is still there, and 2 others to provide data for my OTA HD /
Digital channels which have both been removed for me. If I try to create a
new lineup, local broadcast is greyed out as noted by Greg. ( Local
Broadcast)

I guess it's time to learn more about EIT! That's why I view MythTV as a
hobby and don't think of it as some critical piece of infrastructure.
Remember what's on TV is only interesting at best, it's not important.

...Kevin