[mythtv-users] Firewire behavior changed by cable company ?

Jerry Bett bjett80 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 12:34:08 UTC 2007

I need some opinions from you smart guys.

I have a 6200 on Suddenlink Cable (formerly Cox) connected through the
firewire port.  This has been, over the last year, a reliable and high
quality connection.

I retired my 0.20 system on an Intel box and moved the firewire over
to a Epia via box running svn - trying to reduce the heat being
generated in my office.   I notice that recording channels below 63
(the analog channels) has become a problem about 80% of the time.
After a channel change I get 'no channel lock' on live tv and 'you may
have to use an external changer' on the logs.

Thinking this may be from the SVN  Myth or the Via box I changed back
to my old 0.20 system.  Same symptoms.  Digital channels work fine but
the analog channels are unreliable.

My guess is Suddenlink has done a firmware upgrade on the 6200 that's
causing this.

What's your opinion ?

Barry