[mythtv-users] PVR-350 TvOut and 42" LCD TV

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 10:08:07 UTC 2007

On 09/07/07, Peter Mclaughlin <p_mclaughlin at o2.ie> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Was wondering if anyone had experience of getting the PVR-350 TvOut to work correctly with a 42" HD Ready Phillips LCD TV. At best, with some xorg.conf modification I get a screen cropped with buttons missing at the bottom.

AFAIK the PVR-350 TvOut always overscans, making the X Desktop too big
for the screen.  However I haven't used one for a while so things may
have changed.

For a TV this is generally correct behaviour, because the fringes of
the broadcast aren't designed to be displayed.  However it messes up
the frontend menus.

The solution for mythtv is to configure the frontend end to display
menus in a window, and then set the window dimensions and offsets to
fill your available viewing area.  It's in the frontend setup
somewhere, probably under appearance.

HTH