[mythtv-users] Permanent HDHomeRun IR sensor target setting?

Billy Macdonald billymacdonald at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 16:58:40 UTC 2007

On 7/8/07, jason maxwell <decepticon at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/6/07, Yeechang Lee <ylee at pobox.com> wrote:
> > jason maxwell <decepticon at gmail.com> says:
> > > Also, for those that own an HDHR, it has a built in IR reciever that
> works
> > > nicely.
> >
> > Speaking of said IR sensor, how can one make the 'hdhomerun_config set
> > /ir/target' setting permanent? As it stands the setting disappears if
> > the HDHomeRun is power cycled for any reason.
>
> I set mine every half hour or so in a cron job just to be sure. I also have
> the command aliased in my .bashrc so a single command will reset it quickly.
> Remember, this doesnt all have to happen from your mythbox either. Any
> computer on your network will do.
> -J

I had a similar setting.  However, my Myth box would have problems if
the command to set the IR setting and a recording started at the same
time.  When I narrowed the issues down to the two items at the same
time I just canceled the cron job, didn't troubleshoot past that.

I read on the HDHR forums that they don't want to implement perm
settings like this, which seems silly to me.

So now, if the power flickers or whatever, I just need to run the
command manually.  Someday I'll need to give my wife an easy interface
to make the change since power usually flickers when I'm at work....

Billy