[mythtv-users] USB Tuner Support?

Tim Schall tschall-mythtv at fortgirlfriend.com
Sun Jul 8 05:56:20 UTC 2007

I thought I read someplace that the Linux kernel supports the Hauppauge
WinTV-HVR-950.  If it does (And you can find one.) it's the way to go.

We've tested the bajeezus out of just about everything there is at work and
this thing was the second best USB tuner we tested.  First best was a $6,000
thingus from Sencore that wasn't a stick but a commercial grade decoder that
happened to use USB.

The 950 has a fifth generation chip in it and multi-path and ghosting
reduction on the digital side that are second to none.  This thing will pull
a signal out of the most gawd-awful clap trap of noise you've every seen.

Tim