[mythtv-users] Australia: Free for all electronic program guides

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Sat Jul 7 08:03:09 UTC 2007

This one time, at band camp, Justin Smith wrote:

> Yep, that's my interpretation too. Only manufacturers that nobble the 30-sec-skip
> feature will have access. Apparently ffwd is ok.

Yeah sounds like it.  Apparently it'll be an over-the-air feature, so
that non-Internet connected hardware can get it.  Here's hoping they get
whoever designed the crypto for the DVD format to design this 8)

FFWD is okay -- if you've done it through ads recently, you'll notice
they're holding up static images more so you still get the advertiser's
message.  Course, my Myth box is pretty good at ensuring I rarely see
them.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

The Tourist Engineer
Geeks need vacations too.
http://engineer.openguides.org/

 "The only intuitive interface is the nipple.
  After that, it's all learned. "
- attributed to Bruce Edigar