[mythtv-users] mythmusic alternatives

Gary Dawes gary.dawes at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 05:48:51 UTC 2007

Any of you guys seen this post I put up last year, where I fiddled with the
transporter skin to make the softsqueeze client look a little more like
myth. slimserver is a great companion to myth for piping music around the
lan.

The mythmusic player module is pretty much spot on apart from the icons at
the bottom for ff, rw etc, which seem to nothing except waste screen space.
What is less brilliant is the selection dialogs. It would be really nice to
have a gallery view of albumart, similar to mythvideo, or like Itunes. If we
could also roll  streaming functionality into it rather as a seperate
plugin, then it would be top dog, as I think the music is the one module
which lets myth down nowadays.

My programming experience now, consists of hacking the odd vb script
together to automate something in AD at work. I know nothing about C++ etc
or any decent sort of scripting in linux at all, or I'd love to have a go.

regards

Gary