[mythtv-users] Repeatable Lirc Issue - no /dev/lirc0

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 19:56:20 UTC 2007

On 05/07/07, Bryce Ostenson <bostenson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Wondering if anyone here has anything to add to the thread below...  I
> noticed the thread as I fought through issues with Lirc yesterday (to
> no avail), posted a reply to a thread that seemed identical to my
> issue, and another person has since posted a "me too".  Seems there
> are at least 3 of us fighting the same issue on the same platform.
>
> Platform: PVR-150, Ubuntu 7.0.4.
>
> My best guess at the issue:  No /dev/lirc0 is created when following
> the instructions at:
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MythTV_Feisty_Backend_Frontend_Desktop

No /dev/lirc0 means that your LIRC modules have not loaded properly.

# lsmod | fgrep "lirc"

will list all LIRC modules currently loaded. To use the PVR-150
on-card receiver, you need the lirc_i2c module loaded. To use the
on-card receiver *and* blaster you need to load the newer lirc_pvr150
driver.

Once the modules are successfully loaded, restart lircd, and, with a
suitable lircd.conf in place, irw and LIRC should start working. Note
you may have a udev rule for LIRC that creates both a /dev/lirc and a
/dev/lirc0 device. You just need to ensure that lircd is being started
with a device path that actually exists.

--
Nick

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/