[mythtv-users] Repeatable Lirc Issue - no /dev/lirc0

Bryce Ostenson bostenson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 17:57:41 UTC 2007

Wondering if anyone here has anything to add to the thread below...  I
noticed the thread as I fought through issues with Lirc yesterday (to
no avail), posted a reply to a thread that seemed identical to my
issue, and another person has since posted a "me too".  Seems there
are at least 3 of us fighting the same issue on the same platform.

Platform: PVR-150, Ubuntu 7.0.4.

My best guess at the issue:  No /dev/lirc0 is created when following
the instructions at:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MythTV_Feisty_Backend_Frontend_Desktop

Here's the thread at ubuntu forums:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=487674&highlight=mythtv+lirc

Not looking to move the thread here and wasn't going to since it's not
a MythTv issue per se, but with 3 or more of us having the same issue,
I thought I'd just call out to see if some of the experience here
could help out.

Thanks much!

Bryce