[mythtv-users] zap2it quitting on mythtv!?!?!?!

Richard Freeman r-mythtv at thefreemanclan.net
Thu Jul 5 13:43:05 UTC 2007

William Munson wrote:

> Please take the time to read the forum backlogs before posting more on
> this subject. There are at least 500 other posts on this subject with
> the synopsis being that there is nothing to be done right now and that
> the devs are working on something. So sit back and relax and enjoy your tv.

Is there any kind of official update from the devs on this?  There is no
mention at all of this obviously-critical issue on the mythtv website,
and the wiki doesn't really have anything more current than a few weeks.

Reading the archives of this list is essentially useless as far as
getting an idea of what is actually happening - there isn't much
official comment from devs, and just a lot of discussion about potential
ideas from end-users.  I can certainly sympathize with those who haven't
read the hundreds of emails regarding this topic.

It would be nice when people post emails asking where things are if we
could just say see http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Data_Direct instead
of telling them to read the 5000 emails for the last month off the list.
   But, for that to be of much value the website would actually have to
indicate what is going on.  I suspect I know as much as most people on
this list, which is basically not much other than somebody is looking
into it...