[mythtv-users] Scheduler and two programs back to back on the same channel and tuner

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Thu Jul 5 05:40:44 UTC 2007

Now this might end up running into the MultiRec support for DVB, but here
is an overview of my problem.

A single tuner is recording two programs back to back on the same channel..
Normally the first program would record an extra 5 minutes in case of
running late. Similarly the second program would start 90 seconds early
for similar reasons.

If they use the same tuner the cut over is at the exact program time in
the EPG.

Given the way the programs are being recorded why can we have a period
where two output files are being generated, so the file associated with
each recording has the additional time.

EG - using a Fixed font

|early|--- program 1 --------|over|
                       |early|------program 2 -----|over|

Does this make sense,and would it be possible without the multirec support?

My reasoning is if I want to keep or transfer a show to DVD it is a real
pain if the end of the show is part of another recording.

Steve

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz