[mythtv-users] Storage directory for MythDVD transcode?

Brad patterbt at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 4 06:22:15 UTC 2007

I am trying to rip some of my DVDs using mythDVD, but I am having some problems.  I am using an external USB drive for storage of my movies, so I have all of my directories in the mythtv configurations pointed to the USB drive.

But I can't seem to find the setting for changing the directory where myth stores the temporary VOB files before transcoding.  I tried to set the directory under Setup->Media Settings->DVD Settings->Rip Settings->Directory to hold temporary files , but no matter what I put in there it doesn't seem to matter.

Every time I try to rip a DVD, it runs for about 3 minutes and then pukes out.  It gives me this error text in the mtd.log file:

"01:57:58: launching job: job dvd 1 1 3 0 -1 /home/media/movies/LUTHER
01:57:59: transcode command will be: transcode -i /storage/videos/LUTHER/vob/ -g 720x480 -f 0,1 -M 2 -V -j 0,8,0,8 -y xvid -w 1618 -o /home/media/movies/LUTHER.avi --print_status 20 --color 0
01:57:59: job thread beginning to rip dvd title
02:01:08: Error: Couldn't write blocks during a rip. Filesystem size exceeded? Disc full?"

For some unknown reason, the transcode command keeps wanting to put its files in /storage/videos.  I cannot do this, because the partition that I am using for myth doesn't have enough space for that.  So I need to find a way to "remap" this directory, but it almost seems to be hard coded.

BTW, I am running Mythdora 4.0 in case that matters.  Thanks!!