[mythtv-users] DirecTV D11-500 Control Issue

Dave dbadia at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 03:59:20 UTC 2007

While we're talking about USB control for the H20, I'll chime in with my
experiences.  I had it working pretty well (not quite as reliable as when I
had the H10) last year for awhile.
But then, all of a sudden, I couldn't go a full day without getting the
excessive retries message.  If I reboot the H20, it would work again, but
never for more than 24 hours.

I finally got fed up with the H20 (as the WAF was dropping fast) and setup a
slave backend with one of the DTV SD receivers (can't remember the model
#).  That works great, haven't had any issues in 6 months.

Hope you have a better experience than I did with the H20!
Dave