[mythtv-users] Viewing the parental rating of a program in the EPG

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Wed Jul 4 00:02:41 UTC 2007

First of all is this currently possible. When viewing the EPG is it
possible to see the XMLTV rating information for a show. For example a
Movie might be rated "M" or "PG".

I have a feeling after looking at the program data that this information
isn't retained.

Next bit is if I want to implement such a feature what would I need to
touch. I'm currently assuming.
1. XMLTV EPG loader
2. DB table for program information
3. EPG display

Next up is how to deal with an external STB that requires a PIN if the
rating is above a certail level. For example the parents have locked the
STB to prevent R rated recordings. This is looking like an interesting
world of pain.

I've brought this up as a number of my NZ customers have SkyTV and have
implemented the parental lock on their STBs.

Steve

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz