[mythtv-users] "Time to record before start" not working (not back-to-back recordings)

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 14:20:13 UTC 2007

> So Iım wondering if anyone can help me troubleshoot the problem or maybe
> check for corruption in the SQL table with this setting. Would really
> appreciate any help. Thanks.

I'm running svn 13305, but I don't think that makes a difference.

In my Settings table I have

StartupSecsBeforeRecording    240  (Thats the number of seconds by
backend wakes up before a recording is due, set in the Wakeup settings
screen on mythtv-setup.

this is a backend setting

RecordPreRoll    30
RecordOvertime  300

These have a hostname value, which I presume makes them frontend
specific.  So here's a candidate for your problem.  Do you perhaps
configure the value on a different frontend from which you create your
recording rules.  Have a look in the Settings table to see if you have
more that one entry for these.

Anyway, from my backend log.

For Stealing Beauty  9pm to 11:15pm

20:59:34.343 Started recording: Stealing Beauty: channel 1029 on
cardid 1, sourceid 1
23:20:00.685 Finished recording Stealing Beauty: channel 1029

and for back-to-back recordings

Paris 9pm - 10pm followed by Sensitive Skin 10pm - 10:30pm

22:00:02.247 Finished recording Paris: channel 1002
22:00:03.044 Started recording: Sensitive Skin: channel 1002 on cardid
1, sourceid 1
22:35:00.324 Finished recording Sensitive Skin: channel 1002

which is all as you'd expect.

HTH