[mythtv-users] PS3 Patches

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 10:49:59 UTC 2007

On 6/22/07, Bryan Childs <godeater at gmail.com> wrote:
> So I managed to get the toolchain setup, I have spu-gcc and embedspu
> which all appear to run ok, however, I got a bit hung up here at this
> bit

> This fails when trying to compile the mythspu_yuv2rgb.cpp file with
> the following errors:
>
> Making mythspu_yuv2rgb
> mythspu_yuv2rgb.cpp:764: error: first argument of 'int main(uint64,
> uint64)' should be 'int'
> mythspu_yuv2rgb.cpp:764: error: second argument of 'int main(uint64,
> uint64)' should be 'char **'
> mythspu_yuv2rgb.cpp: In function 'int main(uint64, uint64)':
> mythspu_yuv2rgb.cpp:801: error: jump to case label
> mythspu_yuv2rgb.cpp:788: error:   crosses initialization of 'uint32 cycles'
> mythspu_yuv2rgb.cpp:805: error: jump to case label
> mythspu_yuv2rgb.cpp:788: error:   crosses initialization of 'uint32 cycles'
>
> I'm not familiar with developing on a 64bit platform - so that
> definition of main not looking like main(int argc, char **argv) looks
> peculiar but I'm not 100% sure it's actually wrong.

Bryan

Thanks for giving it a go :) Are you sure you have spu-gcc correctly
installed? I've seen these errors before when gcc tries to compile spu
code (happens if you try and compile libmythtv before running
make_spu.sh)

What output do you get from spu-gcc -dumpversion?

I've also just uploaded a pre-compiled binary which you can drop into
libs/libmythtv/cell - though I'm not sure whether it will work or
not:-

http://www.btinternet.com/~mark_kendall/mythspu_yuv2rgb.o

> I decided to skip this bit and worry about it later, and get down to
> compiling the rest of the mythtv-vid stuff - this caused me more pain
> when it looked like having the debian default kernel headers in
> /usr/include didn't sit well with the fact that I rolled my own kernel
> from geoff's git tree for PS3. I *think* I've hacked my way round this
> now by symlinking my /usr/src/linux/include/asm directory to the
> /usr/include/asm directory - but a few more hours compiling may prove
> me mistaken.
>
> Anyway - that's my progress - how's everyone else getting on ?

Did everything else compile as expected - or did it complain about
mythspu_yuv2rgb.cpp again?

Thanks and regards

Mark