[mythtv-users] Can't Get pcHDTV-5500 To Work With MythTV

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Mon Jul 2 18:07:09 UTC 2007

> The fact that it works fine with mplayer and tvtime suggests that it is
> not a driver problem.  The card WORKS - both digital and analog parts.
> It just doesn't work with MythTV for some reason.
>
> I installed from the Fedora Core 6 RPMs, I did select DVB DTV Capture
> card (v3.x) in the configuration

Just got back from three days out of town with no Internet access, so
didn't get a chance to reply sooner.

If both sides of the card work on mplayer and tvtime, it's not a driver
problem.

I have two 5500s in my combined BE/FE system running Mandriva 2007 x86-64.
 Both sides of both cards work fine (though I admit that the analog
picture quality isn't as good as I'd like).  A previous poster is correct
- you set it up as a DVB card and then set up the analog portion under
"analog settings" in Mythtv-setup.

Now, what took me the longest time to figure out is that you need to set
up two different sets of channels, one for each side (and being in the US,
I had to set up two Zap2It accounts to grab their respective data).  Once
I had that set up, I was good to go.

If need be (I'm not on that machine at the moment), I'd be happy to list
my "analog settings" if anyone wishes.

Bob