[mythtv-users] SQL Error from MythArchive, or is it mpeg2enc, or both?

Ben Lancaster lists at benlancaster.co.uk
Mon Jul 2 13:44:31 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I'm running latest atrpms-bleeding packages for MythTV on FC6, with
MySQL 5.0.16

When attempting to burn DVDs with MythArchive, I'm encountering a
couple of errors. It looks to me like there's TWO problems here;
one's a problem with my system, the other is a bug:

**ERROR: [mpeg2enc] mpeg2enc is currently broken.  If you really want
to use it delete this line and recompile
ERROR: Failed while running jpeg2yuv - jpeg2yuv -n 375 -v0 -I p -f 25
-j '/usr/share/mythtv/mytharchive_tmp/work/background-1.jpg' |
mpeg2enc -b 5000 -a 3 -v 1 -f 8 -o '/usr/share/mythtv/mytharchive_tmp/
work/temp.m2v'

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py", line
4037, in ?
     processJob(job)
   File "/usr/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py", line
3804, in processJob
     createMenu(format, dpi, files.length)
   File "/usr/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py", line
2839, in createMenu
     aspect_ratio)
   File "/usr/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py", line
339, in encodeMenu
     fatalError("Failed while running jpeg2yuv - %s" % command)
   File "/usr/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py", line
171, in fatalError
     saveSetting("MythArchiveLastRunResult", "Failed: " + msg);
   File "/usr/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py", line
638, in saveSetting
     cursor.execute(query)
   File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/MySQLdb/cursors.py", line
163, in execute
     self.errorhandler(self, exc, value)
   File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/MySQLdb/connections.py",
line 35, in defaulterrorhandler
     raise errorclass, errorvalue
ProgrammingError: (1064, "You have an error in your SQL syntax; check
the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the
right syntax to use near 'jpg' | mpeg2enc -b 5000 -a 3 -v 1 -f 8 -o '/
usr/share/mythtv/mytharchive_tmp/wor' at line 1")

So, from what I can see, it looks like mpeg2enc is b0rked somehow -
which I'm hoping reinstalling it will have fixed (too early to tell
atm), and also a problem with the query not being escaped properly
prior to it being executed, does that sound right?

Ben