[mythtv-users] Xbox MythTv with SVN trunk?

Daniel Arfsten darfsten at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 2 12:59:05 UTC 2007

ikke <ikke at iki.fi>

ikke,
I noticed that you mention that you run Mythtv on your xbox. I have setup
Ubuntu Fiesty Fawn and mythtv from it's repositories (
0.20-svn20070122-0.0ubuntu6).
I have an Xbox running an older version of XBMC (I think 10-2006). I can
watch all my recording's over samba but I want to take it a step further and
make my xbox a frontend. My question is whether it's worth installing Linux
on it and running myth-frontend on it or just going with the XBMC python
script xboxmythtv or whatever it's called. If you have experience with
either can you suggest which distro to go with and if you have experience
with the second, what functions are all included? Like can I watch livetv
thru the xboxmythtv python script? Will I just be able to use the Logitech
wireless controller I have to control everything or do I need a keyboard or
mouse with xboxmythtv python script? If there's a forum which has ton's of
info related to this I would appreciate it's link. I have looked thru the
Sourcefourge forum for xboxmythtv python script but it's seems like no one
is really playing around with the xbmc mythtv python script anymore? Is that
where I get the script from or is there a better source for downloading the
actual xbmc python script for mythtv? Thank you if you can answer these
questions.

Daniel