[mythtv-users] CPU fan for SilverStone LC10 case

Ben Lancaster lists at benlancaster.co.uk
Mon Jul 2 10:11:02 UTC 2007

On 2 Jul 2007, at 05:44, Phusion wrote:

> I have a SilverStone LC10 case with an Intel Socket 478 CPU. I'm
> currently using the stock Intel P4 CPU cooler, but would like to get a
> real quiet one that will fit in the case. I would appreciate any
> recommendations on this. Thanks.

I've used this one in my LC10M (the same as yours but with a VFD):

http://www.zalman.co.kr/eng/product/view.asp?idx=203&code=

VERY quiet but there are (slightly more expensive) more efficient
coolers out there that'll run just as quiet.

It generally depends on your motherboard as well as your case - some
CPU sockets are too close to the PSU, or have hi-rise capacitors
around the CPU socket which prevent the cooler from sitting in the
right orientation, if at all.

I tried a CNPS9500 but it didn't fit - it interfered with the
annoying (pointless?) bar that runs accross the top of the case RIGHT
above the CPU!

The 478 CPU's don't run too hot so you'll have plenty to choose from,
it's the LGA775 P4's that get get quite toasty - mine was running at
a steady 50°C on idle before replacing the stock cooler.

GBP 0.01

Ben