[mythtv-users] No sound on TV.

Alan Calvert cal at graggrag.com
Mon Jul 2 03:59:24 UTC 2007

Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Jul 1, 2007, at 2:04 PM, "Marcos Ramírez" <marcosramirez at gmail.com
> <mailto:marcosramirez at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Alan, but.. i'm not a lucky guy.
>>
>> Now, i hear a lot of noise, instead nothing, so, maybe is an
>> advance... i'll still trying/reading
>>
>> Regards.

< === >
> It sounds like your bitrate is wrong. Try setting it to 48k or 44.1k - I
> can't remember exactly since I'm not at home at the moment.
>
> -Brad

Good point. The saa7134 _has_ to be 32000 though. Also, in Recording Profiles,
make sure your 'Software Encoders (v4l based)' profiles are set to 32000 for
audio.

Another thing to try is setting the 'alsa' option in the module parameters, eg
  options saa7134 alsa=1 audio_debug=1
(once you get it working, drop the audio_debug though).

You can test the basic audio functioning with 'arecord -D saa7134 zzz.wav'.
If aplay zzz.wav doesn't sound right, chances are the module isn't optioned
quite right.

Cheers.