[mythtv-users] MythWeather sandbox/revamp not working

Robert RobertCL at iname.com
Sun Jul 1 15:10:27 UTC 2007

Michelle Dupuis wrote:
> That did the trick - I now have weather.  Overall functionality seems
> limited (can't find any weather maps, 6 day forecast says missing data so
> can't use, etc), but current weather works.  As well, temp is half cut off
> onscreen.  I suppose this is what you get with the latest code...

Yes, I'd noticed that with the temperature being cut off.  Also on my
wide-screen TV it is all pushed over to the left hand side of the
screen.  But like you say - it is devlopment code!

> I looked through the weather script and it appears to only use an XML file
> for US airports.  Do you know if there is support for Canadian cities?  (I
> couldn't figure that out).  For now I used the nearest USA city.

I'm not sure about that.  I managed to get a UK module that someone had
written working with it - maybe someone has created a Canadian one too.

In fact, from a quick search, it looks like someone might have been
working on one :
http://www.threebit.net/mail-archive/mythtv-dev/msg05712.html

Robert.