[mythtv-users] Myth incorrectly re-recording previously shown programs

Enigma enigma at thedonnerparty.com
Sun Jul 1 14:52:00 UTC 2007

> I remember reading about "generic episodes" and how they always get
> recorded by default. Looks like your recordings fall into that category.
> You may need to use a custom rule that disables generic recordings. I
> prefer to do my scheduling via mythweb as that interface is the most
> powerful and flexible. It also allows you to preview your rule to make
> sure it works the way you want.

This isn't the generic episode problem.  When The Simpsons is a generic
episode, the description will be "Homer and Marge Simpson raise Bart,
Lisa and baby Maggie".  My system detects duplicates when they are in
the recordings list, but for some reason it is not picking up episodes
that are in the oldrecorded table.