[mythtv-users] Listings problems early?

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Sun Jul 1 01:01:22 UTC 2007

Dewey Smolka wrote:
> On 6/30/07, Anthony Veale <veale at fafnir.dyndns.org> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm getting an early taste of the post-zap2it labs world.  After my
>> successful mythfilldatabase run today, most of my data for tomorrow is
>> gone and none of listings that it did load have categories for the
>> programs.  The same is true for the last day of data which was loaded
>> today.
>>

> I'm sort of seeing this. Categories are gone as of tomorrow. I have
> program data through Thurs, July 12 but Fri, July 13 is empty. It
> should have been populated today.
>
> I certainly hope that TMS hasn't decided to push forward their cutoff date.

I was afraid that this might happen.  I think that is why so much of the
list was consumed with zap2it topics since the announcement, too..
everyone had the general feeling that once they made the announcement,
the service could disappear at any time.  Ugh.

So.. anyone have a good source for a starting point on some screen
scraping code?  I wonder if DirecTV could be convinced to export their
programming data to their subscribers via XML...

-Rich