[mythtv-users] PMT issue

Asher freedenizen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 22:40:28 UTC 2007

On 1/31/07, Brad Templeton <brad+myth at templetons.com> wrote:
> I have experienced the same thing.  I thought it might be associated
> with poorer signal, but it's hard to predict, and it's not recovering
> if it's a temporary dip, in that if I kill the recording and restart, it
> will start recording the rest of the show.

Yeah, I redid a lot of the cabling and tightened all the connections
and the problem continued.  Then I did a full shutdown, let it off for
a few minutes, turned it back on, and so far a few days without any
problems.  That really doesn't make me feel better though as I fear it
could come back.  Another symptom I was having is that often when I
went into live tv for the 5500 about half the time it would say that
it couldn't get lock but as soon as I would change the channel it
would be fine.