[mythtv-users] placing the DVD player far, far away

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Wed Jan 31 21:46:14 UTC 2007

Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> You really can't cross the room to change the DVD? Yikes.

It's aesthetic more than anything.  Right now my mytbox sits in a
closet.  We've moved furniture around, so there's no really nice place
to put a DVD player by the TV.  The TV itself hangs on the wall.

I can put it in the closet on the high shelf (actually that's where it
is) and then someone has to either call Dad or get a stool to stick a
DVD in, or I can run a USB cable to the rear speakers and stick the
player there....

And yes, I have a shiny new 1 TB server that will see its share of
ripped DVDs, but I still don't want to be called every time one of my
kids wants to watch Pokemon.....

--Yan