[mythtv-users] Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 1600

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Wed Jan 31 19:46:02 UTC 2007

Edward C. Smith wrote:
> Rich West wrote:
>>
>>> I was looking around and came across the Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 1600 which
>>> includes a built-in NTSC and ATSC tuner with hardware MPEG2 encoding for
>>> the ATSC content.  Pretty sharp, actually, since the card runs for about
>>> $80-$90US.
>>>
>>> The card has two tuners on it along with two inputs (coax input for NTSC
>>> (HD), and coax/s-video for ATSC (SD)).
>>>
>>> Is this card supported under MythTV?  If so, I might actually consider
>>> replacing one of my PVR-150's..
>>>

>> Whoops.. my fingers got ahead of me.  That one line should read:
>> "The card has two tuners on it along with two inputs (coax input for ATSC
>> (HD), and coax/s-video for NTSC (SD))."
>>
>> -Rich
>>
> After poking around I've seen conflicting info. SageTV notes that it
> works with their product (I don't know if their Linux version uses
> ivtv or not) however the ivtv wiki states that ivtv is known not to
> work with the WinTV HVR1500/1600 as it is a CX23418. This thread
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/ivtv/users/33954 also gives some
> more info.
>
> A shame really since I'm in the market for a new tuner and CircutCity
> has them for $70 after rebate.
>
> -Ed

Yes, that's the same pricing I saw!  Unfortunately, from that thread and
the ivtv wiki, it looks like it might be a while before it is supported
under linux. :(

Also, from the way a lot of that is reading, it looks like the PVR-150
is being replaced by the HVR-1600.  I wonder if this means that there
will be a shortage of true PVR-150's available...  That would be bad...

-Rich