[mythtv-users] How to correctly use 'mythfilldatabase'?

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 14:49:46 UTC 2007

> On a side note: ¿are you capable of using the Nova-T 500 remote? It's not
> clear to me if this control is supported or not by LIRC.

If it's like my Nova-T remote then it doesn't use LIRC but creates a
/dev/input/eventx device which just squirts keycodes into the keyboard
buffer.

Try opening a terminal window and pressing the number keys on the
remote, you should see numbers type out on the screen.

I then use LIRC like this:

/usr/local/sbin/lircd -d /dev/input/event1

to remap some of the keys and slow down the key-repeat rate, that was
otherwise too fast.  There might be other, better ways to remap the
keys?