[mythtv-users] Gentoo 64bit and MythTV completely compatible?

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 21:08:37 UTC 2007

> I think what he's getting at is that no one supplies binary drivers for
> Gentoo, for obvious reasons.
I am confused as I have used both the nVidia and ATI binary drivers
with linux and I can easily say that the nVidia linux drivers are as
good as their windows counterparts.

> If you want good video performance with
> Gentoo you're probably going to have to pick a card that has a driver
> with source code available, and that's not anything made by Nvidia.

Since there are only two companies that make performance GPUs right
(every one else in the  game are years behind) now does ATI release
the source code for their drivers?

John