[mythtv-users] Ubuntu Edgy trunk packages available

Mario Limonciello mario.mailing at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 17:41:23 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-29 at 09:18 -0800, jafa wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have added a Ubuntu Edgy 32-bit build of MythTV (top of trunk) to our
> build process.
>
> New packages will be compiled and released approximately once a week
> aligned to the weekend.
>
> Instructions:
>
> Run Synaptic Package Manager.
> Choose Settings, Repositories.
> Tick "Universe" and "Multiverse".
> Go to the Third Party tab. Click "Add".
> APT line: "deb http://www.silicondust.com/ubuntu ./" (no quotes)
>
> Reload.
> Install "mythtv" and "myththemes" (optional).
> Leave the password blank when asked for the root password for mysql
> (unless you have set a password in mysql)
>
> MythTV forum for the HDHomeRun:
> http://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=21
>
> If you are running 64-bit Edgy and would like to run top of trunk 64-bit
> packages then please let me know - we are currently debating whether to
> compile 64-bit versions as well.
>
> Nick

Nick,

Admittedly, I haven't looked at how you are building your packages yet,
but can you be sure to choose a nameing & versioning structure that
won't interfere with the versioning & package naming present in Edgy or
Feisty?
For feisty, the latest version is looking like this:
mythtv-0.20-svn20070122
Where the svn20070122 represents a checkout of 0.20-fixes on 01/22/2007.

Thanks,
Mario