[mythtv-users] Ubuntu Question

Damian Surr damian at gingermagic.com
Sun Jan 28 16:23:34 UTC 2007

 > Ok gang...I'm about to try my first installation. I've decided to go
with
 > Ubuntu Edgy.
 >
 > My plan is to start by building a FE/BE system, then at a later point
add
 > some FE boxes.
 > I don't plan to use the box for anything else.
 >
 > My question is...should I go with the server installation or the
workstation
 > installation?

I don't think I'm really in a position to answer this, but from what I
understand, I think people would recommend the server installation if
you know what you're doing and it wont be for anything else.

If you're not so sure, then go for desktop.

 From what I read (again, I don't really know), the server install is
all from the command line. That's far scary for me at the moment (I'd be
fine in DOS, but don't know my way around Linux), so I'm opting for the
workstation install.

Damian