[mythtv-users] ati frglx and composite video out

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sun Jan 28 09:08:05 UTC 2007

I cannot get my radeon RV350 based card to output composite video.

aticonfig suggested:

        Option      "TVFormat" "PAL-B"
        Option      "TVStandard" "VIDEO"
        Option      "TVHSizeAdj" "0"
        Option      "TVVSizeAdj" "0"
        Option      "TVHPosAdj" "0"
        Option      "TVVPosAdj" "0"
        Option      "TVHStartAdj" "0"
        Option      "TVColorAdj" "0"
        Option      "GammaCorrectionI" "0x00000000"
        Option      "GammaCorrectionII" "0x00000000"
        # === OpenGL specific profiles/settings ===
        Option      "Capabilities" "0x00000000"
        Option      "CapabilitiesEx" "0x00000000"
        # === Video Overlay for the Xv extension ===
        Option      "VideoOverlay" "on"
        # === OpenGL Overlay ===
        Option      "OpenGLOverlay" "off"
        # === Center Mode (Laptops only) ===
        Option      "CenterMode" "on"
        # === Pseudo Color Visuals (8-bit visuals) ===
        Option      "PseudoColorVisuals" "off"
        Option      "ForceMonitors" "tv"
        Option      "EnableMonitor" "tv"

The card worked fine into a PC monitor, but I had only one instance of
tvout working (B&W, initial boot screen only) and I cant even get that
back!

Cables could also be part of the problem: what pinout does the ati use
for composite from the svideo type plug?

BillK

Home!