[mythtv-users] questions re Component Out with Nvidia 6150

Craig Courtney craig at dawnsedge.com
Wed Jan 24 05:29:51 UTC 2007

Keep in mind that these chips have two sets of output circuits VGA
and TV Encoder.  The VGA (either analog or digital through DVI) may
very well not be capable of doing interlaced timings anymore, but the
TV Encoder chip must deal with interlaced modes to deal with both
ATSC and NTSC standards.  Either way the only component on your
system that knows the difference is the output circuits on the Video
card.  The operating system and applications see it as a full
resolution frame buffer.  How the video card sends this data to the
display device can be completely different just like DVI-D and VGA
are completely different types of signaling to the monitor.