[mythtv-users] Bad program categories

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 16:55:55 UTC 2007

On 23/01/07, Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
> I've turned EIT on for my radio channels to try and get program info:
>
> Mandriva 2007, stock package (0.20), Mysql 5.0, DVB-T, UK.
>
> Somehow, since I did that, I have noticed that the categories assigned
> to some of the programs are incorrect. If one goes:
>
> Manage Recordings -> Schedule -> Search Lists -> Films
>
> practically every other program on channel 708 (BBC Radio 7) is flagged
> as a film, as well as some on 704 (BBC Radio 4). I also get a few
> oddballs on one or two of the TV channels - 21 (TMF) seems to be the
> worst offender with half-hour episodes of cheers flagged as movies.
>
> The 'pollution' of the movies list makes it difficult to find real
> feature films. Anybody got any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Nothing at all. The EPG data is wrong, and has been for some time.

> Side issue, is there any list of xmltvids for UK radio stations
> available so I can fill them in and turn off EIT? The standard install
> recognises radio stations in the multiplexes but the UK grabber doesn't
> seem to have radio info.

There is no radio data provided by the uk_rt XMLTV grabber, hence no
XMLTV IDs. You can make your IDs up if you're grabbing the radio data
from the EPG separately (i.e. via an external grabber program such as
tv_grab_dvb which I used to do) or just use the EIT functionality in
MythTV to grab the radio listings automatically (which I do now).

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/