[mythtv-users] HD / SD shared backend?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Mon Jan 22 21:40:40 UTC 2007

* On Mon Jan 22, 2007 at 11:23:26AM -0500, Phil Bridges wrote:
> Looks like I'll be waiting for the next revision to come out, then, to
> do this full-scale.  If I transcode, would I just leave the original
> file in the directory and have the user pick between the two in the
> program listing?

For use with current versions of Myth, you could try the script I
attached to the following post:

http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2005-October/104306.html

That will make a transcoded copy of a program and will give you 2
different recordings in the Watch Recordings screen.  The transcoded
copy will have "(TRANSCODED)" appended to the subtitle so you can
differentiate them.  You could easily modify the  "UPDATE temp_recorded"
SQL command in the script to set the Recording Group (recgroup field)
to something like "Transcoded" and set your SD frontends to view that
group by default instead of the Default group which has your HD recordings
in it.

The multi-file modification is pretty high on my TODO list right now
because I am in the same boat, with one HD-capable frontend and several
SD-capable.

--
Chris