[mythtv-users] xbox recommendations

Jeremy Warren jwarren1234 at chartermi.net
Mon Jan 22 04:15:06 UTC 2007

http://www.xbox-scene.com/ is a great place to learn xbox modding,
the forums and guides are pretty useful.

Me I personally use an application on the xbox called xbox media
center in conjunction with a modchip (xecuter 2 modchip - about $40,
software is under some sort of GPL license)

There is a plugin for XBMC that works as a slim down frontend for
myth - more information can be found at http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/
index.php/Xbox_Frontend, it works pretty well.

You are correct that the xbox is unable to play back HD content (at
least i have had limited success) it just does not have the horsepower.

Jeremy