[mythtv-users] OT: Help me upgrade my mythbox

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Sun Jan 21 22:40:41 UTC 2007

On 20 Jan 2007, at 04:50, Chris Ribe wrote:
> I apologize for the HTML, but here it is - $170 shipped (to my
> house) for everything you need to turn that tired old box into an
> HDTV ready barn burner...
>

> Intel Celeron D 352 Cedar Mill 3.2GHz LGA 775 Processor Model
> BX80552352 - Retail
> Item #: N82E16819112211
>

> $58.99

This seems like a remarkably reasonably priced CPU for hi-def. Is it
sure to be powerful enough? I was expecting to budget for a Core2Duo
("to be on the safe side"), although I have to admit I hadn't checked
prices of those, yet.

Earlier Celerons were simply Pentium IIs & IIIs with less on-board
cache. I think the last generation of Celerons related in the same
way to the Pentium 4, but I'm not sure if it was JUST cache that they
lacked? Is this processor likewise kin to the Core-whatever chips?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Stroller.