[mythtv-users] Sound and video out of sync when playing commercial DVD

Henry S. Greenside hsg at phy.duke.edu
Sun Jan 21 19:23:50 UTC 2007

I am running mythtv 0.20-150 (latest as of yesterday)
under Fedora Core 6 on a Shuttle SBB65G2 with Hauppauge
PVR-500 card and Nvidia 5200 graphics card.

I tried playing a commercial DVD via the MythTV DVD
default player and found that the sound and onscreen
video were out of sync by a few seconds. Does someone
know how to fix this?

I did read the MythTV installation documentation on how
to configure sound
(http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-7.html) and
muted the Line-in while making it a source but this
didn't fix it. I also searched the mailing archive and
couldn't find anything that quite corresponded to
playing a DVD directly, although sound getting out of
sync seems a common problem when watching TV.

    Thanks,

    Henry