[mythtv-users] Intel Onboard Digital - AC3 Passthrough & Encoding?

Greg Kutzbach greg.kutzbach at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 17:16:23 UTC 2007

I am building a new mythTV frontEnd/Backend system based around the
Intel DG965WH
(http://www.intel.com/products/motherboard/DG965WH/index.htm)
motherboard.  The motherboard has an onboard optical out that I'd
preferably like to use as my method of connecting with the home
reciever.  However, I have heard of no reports of anyone using this
setup before.  I was originally going to use a Chaintech AV-710 card,
but would like to save the PCI slot if I can.

Does anyone have any experiences, or thoughts on this matter?  The rest
of the parts are coming in the mail by Monday or Tuesday, so
experimentation will begin then.

Thanks,

Greg