[mythtv-users] screensaver! Argh!

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Sun Jan 21 15:51:03 UTC 2007

--[ UxBoD ]-- wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 20:01:39 -0600
> jedi at mishnet.org (Kevin Hulse) wrote:

>> 	This is one of those things that continues to encourage
>> me to use no window manager whatsoever despite the fact that this
>> is a "discouraged" configuration.
> If it is Gnome-ScreenSaver then just go into
> System->Preferences->ScreenSaver and untick the two checkboxes ?

That's how I started.  I thought that was enough to disable the
screensaver and thought nothing of it since.  Now that the environment
has stabilized, I'm not fiddling with the remote constantly, so user
input is idle for long periods of time and I'm seeing this screensaver
pop up.

I'm going to test things today to replicate it and see what is actually
causing the screensaver to kick off.

-Rich