[mythtv-users] DVD players

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Jan 21 05:13:10 UTC 2007

On Jan 20, 2007, at 7:07 PM, Yan Seiner wrote:

> Can someone recommend a good internal IDE DVD player that won't puke
> after playing  a few DVDs from the public library?
>
> I'm having a heck of a time....  My trusty Plextor just puked big
> time,
> and I am looking at internal DVD-RWs for anywhere from $30 to $70....

Wow. I was going to suggest a Plextor until I read your second
paragraph.

When you say "puked" it may simply be dirty. I got a laser lens
cleaning disk from Radio Shack (44-1250) that has brought a couple of
"failed" drives back to life.

Disks from libraries have a real tendency to be dirty in my
experience, and that dirt tends to transfer to your laser lens.