[mythtv-users] HDTV Database Started on Wiki

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 20:37:52 UTC 2007

On 1/19/07, Jake Thompson <jake at jakethompson.com> wrote:
> On 1/19/07, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On 1/16/07, Jake Thompson <jake at jakethompson.com> wrote:
> > > Hi All,
> > > I have started the following information on the Wiki:
> > > http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/HDTV_Database
> > >
> > > I am just now buying my first HDTV and I have asked some questions to
> many
> > > of you.  Alot of the information I have receive would be very useful to
> many
> > > other people too.  So in an effort to consildate some of this
> information I
> > > would like to ask everyone who has a "working" HDTV, and mybe even
> standard,
> > > setup working to contribute to the wiki.
> > >
> > > I am not thinking just modelines  that may work on some TVs, but instead
> > > specific models that people own and are using in the real world.
> > >
> > > I put up a preliminary couple of pages, but please modify and
> contribute.
> >
> > The modeline database entry already has this type of information...
> > http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Modeline_Database
>
> This has modelines for some TVs, but I am more interested in full known
> working setups, including the full xorg.conf file not just the modlines.

You don't need the full xorg.conf, 80% of it will not carry over. What
is important should already be listed with the TVs, it says modelines
in the title, but if you actually read the page you will see people
placed the appropriate other information that they needed to get it
working. As well, the exact card shouldn't matter outside of the 5200
specific "hacks".

Perhaps organizing this information better to help find the tv your
looking for may be in order, but I don't think every TV needs a
separate wiki page.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!