[mythtv-users] mythtools

Ryszard ryszard99 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 15:12:09 UTC 2007

from the documentation:

vidupdate.pl
          This script goes and updates mythconverg.videometadata with data
from
          tvtome.com.  It scans videometadata for any show that has a plot
of 'None'.

          As filenames are rather aribtrary, the user is prompted for the
name of the
          show, the season and the episode.  from this information vidupdate
builds the
          title in the form of SHOW - SnnEnn - Title.

          If more than one show matches, vidupdate will display all matches
and prompt
          for the one you would like.  For example CSI will match CSI, CSI
New York and
          CSI Miami.

          After you have selected the show you would like, vidupdate will go
and grab
          all the episodes available and prompt you for the one you would
like.  You
          must type in the number on the lefthand side that corresponds with
the episode
          you have chosen.

          This has not been extensively tested, and with there is a patch
outstanding.

          After you have chosen the episode, the information is displayed
and you are
          prompted for to update mythv.

          When cycling thru' your shows, videoupdate will remember your
previous show.
          You can enter 'skip' to skip the current show, or quit to exit.
control-c
          will also quit without any nasty side-effects (if you quit in the
middle
          of a write to the database, just after you confirm to add the
data, something
          nasty _may_ happen, its just too hard to test for.)

          videoupdate.pl now will also check the series you're adding
against the
          video categories you may have set up.  Each series should have its
own category,
          and the what you enter as the series name must be exactly what you
have entered
          as the category.

          if a category is not found, it will default to zero.