[mythtv-users] DVB Radio

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 09:35:04 UTC 2007

On 17/01/07, Bill Williamson <bill at bbqninja.com> wrote:
> -Ubuntu 6.10
> -Mythtv .20 (default ubuntu package)
> -Australia
> -Leadtek DVB 1000T card
>
> In the release notes for .20 it notes that it supports DVB radio
> stations.  I've tested using tzap, and can tune to the local DVB radio
> stations.  However, when I try to tune to them on mythtv one of two
> things happens:
> 1. It tells me it can't tune the channel, to try another channel
> 2. Mythbackend crashes (this is on one of the stations I don't listen
> to, so I don't care about it, but thought I would mention it)
>
> So it seems it does "support" it (older versions wouldn't add them to
> the scan table) but how do I actually listen to the radio?

One issue I had when DVB radio support was added was needing to ensure
the recording profile (via mythtv-setup) was NOT set to 'TV' for the
card. Using the 'TV' profile requires at least 1 video stream to be
present, which my UK-based DVB-T radion recordings do not have,
causing any recordings and LiveTV listening to fail. Setting the
profile to 'All' cured this.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki: