[mythtv-users] New house - any advise?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 16:47:20 UTC 2007

On 1/16/07, Billy Macdonald <billymacdonald at gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>
> I recently purchased a "production" built house, so I could have extra
> phone & cable lines run to various locations, but that was about it.
> They use cat5 for the phone lines so I was able to make a little patch
> panel at the service entrance in the garage and put new jacks on the
> walls.  It was also very expensive for each run so I did less than
> what I should have done.
>
> My recommendation is to run at least two coax connections to each
> location where there will be a TV.  This should allow flexibility in
> hooking up cable & OTA, or sat & cable or whatever is desired.  And
<snip>

you can multiplex cable and OTA or cable and sat onto one line. I did
this at my place in NH, I had cable and satelite come into the
basement, combined them to one line and ran that signal upstairs.
Worked great.
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=180-488
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=180-473
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=180-484