[mythtv-users] De-interlacing, playback groups & DVB

Billy Macdonald billymacdonald at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 16:15:00 UTC 2007

On 1/16/07, Neil Bird <neil at fnxweb.com> wrote:
> Around about 16/01/07 08:55, Steve Hodge typed ...
> > My DVB-S recordings are interlaced, is there a particular reason you
> > expect your DVB-T recordings not to be?
>
>    Only an assumption;  I figured that if the video was a straight mpeg
> stream, then interlacing wouldn't come into it.  Maybe that was naïve.

Can we expand the question for 720p recordings since it doesn't seem
to apply to Neil's situation?  Is the player smart enough to determine
that it's a progressive feed and ignore the interlace settings?

Same for Mythtranscode.  If mythtranscode has the extra interlace
options checked for a profile, but it's a 720p recording, is it smart
enough to ignore these options?

Thanks for the help.
Billy