[mythtv-users] Need help with meaning of channel table fields

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 03:20:45 UTC 2007

On 1/14/07, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org> wrote:

> Jerry Rubinow wrote:
> > I'm having trouble trying to configure the channel guide info correctly
> for
> > an input obtained from a QAM-256 scan.
> >
> > For example, for my NBC SD channel, I currently have:
> >
> > chanid 2631
> > channum 10
> > freqid 63
> > sourceid 2
> > xmltvid 11326
> > mplexid 9
> > serviceid 1010
> > atsc_major_channel 63
> > atsc_minor_channel 0
> >
> > When originally scanned, this channel came in on 63.1.  When I go into
> the
> > guide, this channel has Unknown info.  And I'm unable to tune to it in
> live
> > tv - it won't go there.  The way I got to this point was do a scan
> within
> > mythtv-setup, mythfilldatabase, and then run myth and go into live tv,
> tune
> > to each channel, enter channel editor and type in the xmltvid and hit
> > probe.
> >
> > For the equivalent channel from my analog input I have:
> > chanid 1010
> > channum 10
> > freqid 10
> > sourceid 1
> > xmltvid 11326
> > mplexid 32767
> > serviceid 0
> > atsc_major_channel 10
> > atsc_minor_channel 0
> >
> > Can anyone tell me what significance the various fields have to the
> channel
> > guide and tuning?  I'm sure I have at least one field set wrong in most
> of
> > my QAM channels.  Thanks.
>
> You have both setups pointing to the same stream as the xmltvid is the
> same. You will have to choose one feed or the other, and adjust your
> zap2it lineup accordingly by deleting the 'wrong' one. You cannot have a
> channel appear in 2 different lineups. Xmltvid's are supposed to be
> unique in the channel table: in fact, I am not sure how you were able to
> do that...probably because you entered the xmltvid and then did the probe.

Ahhhhh, I see what I did.  I have three zap2it lineups, an analog (for the
PVR-500), a digital with everything but the HD channels (also for the
PVR-500, but the s-video input), and another digital with only the HD
channels (for the firewire).  I divvied up the digital channels among two
feeds to reduce the chance of conflicts, since the s-video and the firewire
both use the set top box's tuner and Myth doesn't know that.

So when I added the QAM, I used the third lineup, but I used some XMLTVIDs
from the analog lineup, not realizing the significance of that.  So I can
only use IDs from the lineup assigned to the QAM input, sounds like.  So
I'll have to add the SD channels I get over QAM to the lineup that currently
only has HD channels.  Is that correct?

Thanks Geoff.

-Jerry

btw, I think I manually inserted some of those XMLTVIDs when I was
experimenting.