[mythtv-users] Getting control of my remote

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Sun Jan 14 09:38:57 UTC 2007

Brad,

Thank you for responding.

> It would probably pause a video i f you were using mplayer to view
> it. Change prog = mplayer to prog = mythtv
I had thought that, when it came to playing AVI files, that MythTV
called mplayer. In the settings it has mplayer listed as my video
playing software.

In any case, changing prog to say mythtv instead of mplayer has not
enabled the correct functionality.

> You have "Browse" turned on. It's on by default because this is the
> preferred method of changing channels.
I see. However, it's not the method I would like to be using. Partly
because I have not yet been able to enable channel listings to show
information about other channels (hopefully I will solve that with xmltv).

But also, where I am in Japan, I only have 10 channels. Surfing them by
looking at listings before actually changing the channel just doesn't
add enough value with so few options to choose from.

So my next question is: how to I get browse mode to default to being
off? On the web site I can see that the "O" key turns browse mode on,
but pressing it again doesn't seem to get it off. And ultimately I'll
want it to stay that way.

--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 6.06 LTS