[mythtv-users] Corrupt font in Mythtv .20 after reboot

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Sun Jan 14 03:53:23 UTC 2007

On Jan 13, 2007, at 7:44 PM, Randy Ferrill wrote:

> I know this is the 3rd time posting but so far no responses..... Any
> help? DO I need to supply MORE info?
>
> I am running FC5 and Mythtv .20 with a Nvidia Geforce4 MX440 using the
> 1.0.8774 driver when I restart my frontend the menu's are all dark and
> hard to read and the video looks like 16 color VGA. If I go into the
> control panel and change the *font* this will fix the issue until I
> restart again.

It sounds like your nvidia driver isn't installed properly. I had a
heck of a time getting mine working. I finally uninstalled anything
that mentioned nvidia, reboot, then reinstall and it finally started
working for me. Sorry I can't be of any more help than that, but at
some point I was getting what you were getting. Along with everything
looking ok, but no OpenGL stuff. Then inversed colors and X
crashing.. finally a good install. Oh, and I think I read somewhere
to disable dri, so I did that as well.