[mythtv-users] Mythtranscode - all jobs failing - error 252

Greg Cockburn gergnz at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 08:53:07 UTC 2007

On 1/11/07, Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org> wrote:

> * On Tue Jan 09, 2007 at 10:21:46PM -0800, Blammo wrote:
> > I didn't, but it had a full /usr/bin/mythtranscode in there, which
> > (left over from an old db probably) I've removed. Job still fails, but
> > now, at least I get a little more info:
>
> Just a followup to the list.  Blammo sent me a sample off-list and the
> sample works fine with current SVN, so this problem appears to have been
> fixed already a while back.

Hi,

I had this problem too.

And I figured out my codecparams table was empty.

So you go into:
Utilities/Setup -> Setup -> TV Settings -> Recording Profiles -> Transcoders

Then select each one in turn, and hit next continuously for the defaults,
now your table will be populated.

I don't know if this is a 0.18->0.19->0.20 upgrade problem or whether it is
just a pre-install population problem or what.

Maybe if someone knows the internals of this particular section can suggest,
and maybe raise the appropriate bug in trac?

Greg.